Much has happened in the years since I last posted. Both my father and my sister have passed away. My father of a sudden heart attack and my sister by a sudden cerebral aneurysm. My brother and myself are all that remain of my family. You often hear stories of family conflict, arguments and outright abuse. Everywhere that you look: on television, in the newspaper and in magazines familial strife is portrayed as common and even normal. I must say that that wasn't my experience at all. Oh, we had the occasional disagreement, but nothing that would be considered a fight. I have trouble remembering even a raised voice. My parents and my sister were wonderful and I miss them so very much.
I've never been married. It just doesn't suit me. Although sometimes I regret never having children. I frequently like to be alone reading books or staying up all hours of the night on the computer or taking solo ten mile hikes from midnight to three in the morning. I don't know of a woman who would appreciate those characteristics in a husband.
I may post again soon, or maybe I wont. Who knows?
No comments:
Post a Comment